Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to a great friend! (kissing technique)

You may have seen this photo from this post of mine.


I couldn't get the design of the tray (upper left corner) to work with my die cut birdies.  But the design was still begging to be created and when I saw the Kissing Challenge at Lily Pad, I gave it another try.  Also entering Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes with this one.


I got to cheat  a little on the kissing technique because this stamp set from 7Gypsies has a couple birds with text on them.  I did texture up the solid bird by kissing the Feather Grasses stamp from Hero Arts.  Used pigment inks from Aladine for the birds.  Stamped the sentiment with Versafine and clear embossed.   Love it when a single-layer card works!

Here is the inside:


Hope the birds are singing in your neck of the woods.


Supplies:  Happy Birthday
Paper: Buttinette
Stamps: birds 7Gypsies, sentiments Hero Arts
Ink: pigment Aladine, black Versafine
Tools:
Other: embossing powder

3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

I always forget to do the kissing technique! THese birds are the perfect images for such a cool effect. Love one layer cards!

Heather said...

A gorgeous creation and so brilliantly achieved the 'kissing' technique - I would still be tryng to get it right.

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Hearther xx

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your birds are so cool - great use of the kissing technique!
Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad!
Hugs, Karin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...