Saturday, March 17, 2012

Roy G. Biv

Remember Roy G. Biv?  Hit me like a blast from the past when I saw the inspiration photo at Virginia's Challenge at Lily Pad.



So off I was on another long-and-winding-creative-process road.


The Hero Arts flower challenge still on my brain, I created this card first.  Used a little flower from CL131 to stamp the rows.  If you look carefully I forgot the "B" from Roy!  Velveteen stamping still on my brain, if you look closely you can see a few white on white stamped butterflies around the sentiment.  A little bling.  But I wasn't happy.


This was my second attempt.  Actually went back to the graphic flower from CL131 which I originally intended to use, although a flower top I thought it was more like the buttons from the inspiration photo.  Added some Perfect Pearl mist to make it a bit more interesting.  But still wasn't completely happy.  Needed more white space.


Switched to a different stamp, this time a button from Crafty Secrets.  Stamped the button is a somewhat rainbowy pattern, cut strips and came up with this design.  Think I was subconsciously influenced by the sketch at retro sketches - which I also intended to eventually play but I see I was too late.  Not perfect, but I'm done and this baby is entering Virginia's challenge!

On a side note, DD was much more creative than I with her Cookie Monster muffins.  Although they rose... then fell, so she couldn't slice them open to insert a cookie.  They're yummy anyway.


Thanks for visiting today.

Supplies happy day:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Distress Inks, Adirondack pigment white, black Versafine
Tools:
Other: bling  stash

Supplies:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Distress Inks
Tools: edge punch EKS
Other: yarn stash, metal frame CreaMotion, white embossing powder

Supplies:
Paper: CS Neenah and American Crafts
Stamps: Crafty Secrets
Ink: Distress Inks, black Versafine
Tools: die Spellbinders, square punch EKS
Other: twine, button  Sew Sweet


5 comments:

Barb said...

Maria, these cards are so perfect for the Virginia's View challenge! LOVE each one - so creative! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Jay Gee said...

I love seeing 3 different yet fantastic cards from the same inspiration - great take on the challenge. DD's cupcakes look so yummy too :)

Virginia L. said...

Your creations are full of passion and thoughts! I love that you create from your heart! The stamped-button card is darling! Thanks SO much for joining the fun with us at Lily Pad!

Joyce said...

Such beautiful creations with rainbows. I love rainbows. I think my favorite is your first one. I love all those little flowers, and your bling just adds that extra little something.

Lin said...

You get an A from me for effort, Maria! My favorite of these is the 2nd one, but they are all wonderful interpretations of Virginia's View! So glad you joined us at the Pad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...