Thursday, April 26, 2012

glückwunsch (DIY embellies)


Another episode of DIY embellishments - this time from the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die.  Had confirmation cards to make for DD's girlfriends.  I chose the flower theme.  DD chose the color for this one - beige.

OK, that's cool.  Been hoping to play with CR84FN and here's my chance.



BTW - I know I saw a macaroon stamp out in blogland but I can't find it again.  I think it was actually French.  Anyone have a tip?  Anyway, no macaroons for confirmation.  Just purty blooms. 


Die cut the flower layers.  Used a stylus to make a "bowl" in center of each layer.  Used a scoring tool to curl some petal edges under.  Inked edges.  Assembled flower and added brad to center.  Stamped large flourish on card base and added a die cut border strip to ground the embellies.  Attached large flower with foam tape.

Punched a coordinating center for small flower and added girlfriend's initial to it.  Added some shimmery watercolors to the butterfly left over from an old project, inked edges and attached.  Spritzed with some Perfect Pearls.   Stamped the "glückwunsch" (congratulations) sentiment and frame from this set on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies glückwunsch:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, PP K&Co, Ursus, old dictionary
Stamps: flourish Rubbernecker, butterfly Martha Stewart, sentiment Inkystamp
Ink: Distress Ink Ranger
Tools: flower die Sizzix, border die Spellbinders
Other: paper flowers Prima,  brad, letter sticker

4 comments:

Kelly S. said...

HI Maria! Your flowers are just stunning on this...oh the layers of loveliness! I had to come and say thank for all the sweet comments on my blog AND to tell you how much I love Impress Fresh Inks :) Most of them do not stain my WMS stamps, sometimes those reds get you though :) My fave colors right now? Chamomille, Honey, Pink Lemonade, Tomato Red, Basil, and Pear...love their Chocolate, and Slate, too. They are having an annual sale until April 3oth. Just type in "annual sale" at check out and get 20% off your order! (I got new colors that I'll have to review sooon ;))

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous bloom! Beautifully made, and a great design.
Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

Sue Lelli said...

Maria, LOVE the dimension that FAB flower and butterfly add to this PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Maria! What a stunning project! That blossom is outstanding! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...