Friday, April 6, 2012

a very bunny day (tags)



How old were you when your parents stopped hiding an Easter basket for you?  I'm not gonna admit how old I was.  DS and DD still expect the same from me.  Happy to appease :)

The new colors from the Play Date Cafe are gorgeous.  The damask patterns in the old window and the pearlescent buttons caught my eye.


So this is what I came up with for DS' Easter basket.


Die cut chipboard and PP.  Stamped sentiment on printed PP.  Stitched PP to chipboard.  Printed image and added a bit of color with colored pencils, then punched.  Die cut PP to make flower.  Layered flowers, using bone folder to curl some petals.  Added button and twine and attached to tag.  Attached image with foam dots.  Made tag hanger using recycled raffia.

Changed out the color scheme and made this one for DD.  Kinda made me feel like Michelle Wooderson.  Kinda.


Ain't got too many of those "light and dainty" genes in me.  But the images and papers from a site I just discovered   (Pink Petticoat)  certainly made me want to try.  It's all digital, which is new to me.  I've got the wrong printer and paper but I gave it a go nonetheless.  And I'm excited about the result.  Maybe these products will help me channel my Michelle (and Melissa and Betsy).  Ha!

Thanks for viewing.  Have a joyful Easter.


Supplies a very bunny day:
Paper: chipboard stash, PP  Pink Petticoat
Stamps: digi Pink Petticoat, sentiment TPC Studio
Ink: pigment Cat's Eye, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Tools: oval die Spellbinders, flower die Sizzix, circle punch EKS
Other: colored pencils, button Sew Sweet, embroidery floss, sewing machine, raffia, foam dots

4 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Maria, my kids are still on board with the whole Easter bunny thing, so I can't make tags yet for their baskets: they'd KNOW it was me! Ha ha.

I love those light-hearted bunny images, and the digi papers you used are right up my alley. Fab job!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cutest bunnies eva!!! Love them and the egg shaped tag. Love the ribbon as well!

Stempelgedöns said...

Sehr schöne Tags. Die soften Farben gefallen mir sehr gut.

Liz Armstrong said...

Fabulous Maria!
Thank you so much for sharing with me : )
Liz
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...