Thursday, May 31, 2012

a rose is a rose (distress inking)



I'm on a roll.  And it's all about a rose.  And a set of cards for my neighbor for her birthday.

I used sketch #13 from Retro Sketches for my first card.  Love this sketch and some great DT work with it too.  You should have a look.



And although I decided to make all the cards different, I opted to go with one image from my new The Craft's Meow, Beautiful Spring.  Let me tell you, I LOVE IT.  Here's #1.


Heat embossed the rose on Neenah CS.  Inked it up with Adirondack and Distress Inks - a la the rose "Gloria Dei".  Cut it out.  Stamped the leaf onto green scrap , cut out and toned it down by applying a bit of Distress Peeled Paint.  Cut a piece of white CS and rounded the top using partial die cutting with a circle die.  Punched a hole for the tag.  Dry embossed with woodgrain folder.  Added ribbon scrap.  Adhered a strip of digital PP to card base.  Stamped sentiment and adhered tag with dimensional adhesive.  Did I mention I love it?!?!

It's Anything Goes over at Simon Says Stamp.  I'm comin'.


Happy blooming roses to you.


Supplies glückwunsch:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts and Basic Grey, Neenah, PP Pink Petticoat
Stamps: The Craft's Meow, sentiment Inkystamp
Ink: Ádirondack and Distress, Versamark
Tools: embossing folder Craft Concepts
Other: embossing powder, ribbon



5 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the coloring and embossing on the rose! And how you gave the tag that great woodgrain texture!

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!
-Liz

Jackie Rockwell said...

Maria this card is gorgeous! The flower is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the simplicity of it too! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

M said...

That rose is to die for! Your ink blending is gorgeous! M x

Mitralee said...

Ohhhhhh that is lovely!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...