Friday, June 21, 2013

twine away (Twinery, KIS)

Quick post here... deadline approaches and I'm squeakin' in.  It's Anything Goes over at the Twinery.


I've been wanting to try this with twine, kinda like with sequins as in this card, so here goes.


Glued twine onto CS to fill the negative die cut heart and used some at the top of the tag.  Can't see my white embossed sentiment too well in the photo.  Added some fringed washi to the tag and (Kelly G. are you listening?) used two pieces of PP from my stash.  You may recall I cut my 12x12s up into 6x6s in hopes of using it more since it's now more accessible.  It worked!  These cool pink/black PPs are from Bella Blvd.  Um ... it says 2008 on it!  Did I just admit that? Shame on me.

Joining the fun at Keep It Simple #16 - Negative Die Cuts.

Again, happy weekend to ya.


Supplies Happy Anniversary:
Paper: Bella Blvd,
Stamps: sentiment Hero Arts
Ink: Versamark
Tools: heart die Sizzix, tag die Hero Arts
Other: twine, washi, white embossing powder



7 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

Lyndal said...

LOVE your tag Maria - FAB!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Maria!
TFS~

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic colors you combined here Maria~such a cool, fresh look! I really like those fringies~

Unknown said...

I love the twine heart and the fringed washi tape skirt. Fabulous texture and details!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love that tag card - those bold stripes combined with the touch of red - fantastic!

Kelly Griglione said...

I thought your heart was crepe paper at first, but string is even better!! The fringed washi is so fun hanging out on the bottom of your tag. And, yes, I do think about your 6x6s every time I reach for my patterned papers. I would love to report that I'm closer to taking the plunge, but I still find it very frightening : ) It's awesome how you've embraced it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...