Sunday, November 16, 2014

full and great

So one file on my computer is full to overflowing with cards which were made for submission calls, not accepted but waiting for a second chance. Guess it's time to relieve them of their misery.

I'm starting with this one. Modern art meets Distress Inks.


Did it take you a minute to figure it out? Yeah, probably one of the reasons it didn't get picked up.

Did you catch my "brain dump" in yesterday's post?

Well, one additional thing became "abundantly clear" (to quote Mr. Dyerhurden, my fourth grade teacher) when my brain fog cleared. The cardmaking world is a wonderful world. And I'm so grateful to be a part of it. (Even if people's eyes tend to glaze over when I try to explain it to them.)

How do you explain a world where everyone knows what Neenah solar white means? Where competitors cheer for each other at a Friday afternoon FB party and welcome newcomers with arms wide open? Where people in opposite hemispheres work together in a team? Where thousands of cards are born in the internet and end up in sick people's hands? Where strangers travel around the globe to spend time with "friends" they've never met before? To craft together in one's last days? I mean, really, how?

All I know is it's pretty great. And I'm pretty grateful. Just sayin' :)

ETA:
Hooking my leafy goodness up at:
Simply Create Too #74 - Thanksgiving/Thank You
The Paper Players #222 (my first room number in college and the start of four great years)


Supplies:
Paper:  cardbase Buttinette
Stamps: PTI, alpha K & Co.
Ink : Distress, Versafine
Tools: 
Other: 






15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so creative. Love the colourful fruit with the letters on each.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Aileen said...

It works you know. I got it straight away though I didnt see fruit. I saw leaves??
Anyway have to agree with you on the craft industry issue. It really iswonderful that we make friends with people we may never meet. We find our style through others and enjoy our lives. Those around me tend to look blank but who cares I love the life.

~amy~ said...

totally agreed.
Your leafy card is wonderful.

Ann Schach said...

What an awesome design! I LOVE the concept of stamping on the leaves. How cool that your first room in college was room 222. While I was creating my card, I kept thinking about the old TV show from the early '70s...Room 222. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Anita in France said...

Very cool, Maria ... I got it ... merits being framed and hung on a wall! You explain the wonderful card making world so eloquently ... sounds crazy to those not in it (hence the eyes-glazing-over issue!), but it doesn't matter ... we're here ... and I too am so thankful for it and for the friends made. Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

oh my...this is so so beautiful and I have to agree with Anita, this is a work of art that needs to be hung on the wall, so so perfect for this time of year and always.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your card... no glazing happening here, Maria, I 'get' every syllable! If truth be told? You've all saved me by making me very heart-happy. Thanks for this, and that...
=] Michele

Anonymous said...

I came back today. It took me a while to find out the sentiment on this gorgeous card! Those leaves are magical. At least as magical as the crafty world you've described so well. I'm grateful for it, too :)

shirley-bee said...

Great sentiment behind your sentiment, Maria! I've got to the point now when the eye-glazers ask me what I've been up to lately, I say "oh, nothing much" but in my head I'm listing all sorts!

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely seasonal card and isn't it great that it was already in your stash ready for that inspiration photo to come along! Another wonder to add to your amazing list of the great things about our hobby. So striking!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too..
Hugs
Carol

Joni Andaya said...

Fun and Fabulous!!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Maria: Your card is beautiful!!! I love it.

Diane

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, I love all the beautiful colors! The colors just pop of the Neenah Solar White! :) Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jenny Marples said...

Love the mix of CAS and Distress. Jenny x

cm said...

You've captured the dynamics and essence of this community eloquently! *Fist pump* Yeah!! Your card: awesome!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...