Thursday, May 7, 2015

bleeding tissue and puffy stickers



The next challenge for iNSD that I am joining at Winne Walter and Pinkfresh is Make your own Background. This would logically have been the first one I jumped at, but there were just too many possibilities!

Enter Loll, who told me about Eileen, who has a video about bleeding tissue paper. Frugal gal that I am, recycled tissue paper (from gift bags) became the starting place for my first card today.

Bleeding tissue paper gives you a variation on the watercolor look. It is so cool. And fast. And can be so wonderfully pastel. TIP: Use crepe paper if you want more vibrancy. To the blue, pink and yellow splotches I added some frosty pink splatters and tiny white stars using Sugar Rush. Voila! A background.

100_5835

I stamped and fussy cut the cupcake from the same set and gave it a topper of sequins (cuz I'm joining the Sequins challenge too) and cuz they shine so purty :) And this was obviously a girlie card so I die cut "celebrate" from Big, Bold Party from metallic silver CS. When I saw the cardboad (from a package of cookes!) it matched the silver perfectly so I went with some recycled cardboard too. You can see the sparkle on the splatters and die cut and even the WoS on the cupcake frosting better below.


So next up, Puffy Stickers. I don't have a lot of these but I did recently pick some up at my dollar store cuz I found them so nice and graphic.


How to incorporate little French puffy stickers onto a card?

100_5834

Tried to incorporate some Francais, but didn't have a huge choice of messages to go with the "hello" from In a Word Hello. I went with "thinking of you" from Artemio floating on a banner (Big, Bold Extras) from the top of the Eiffel Tower!

I'm going over to SSS Wednesday challenge where it's all about Sentiments this week. My die cut sentiments pretty much take center stage. Card #2 even has two sentiments!

Hope you enjoyed. Au revoir!

15 comments:

Geri said...

Oh, my...I DO love that top card!!! And the bottom one...so very cute and FUN!!!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful card! I like to recycle tissue paper too, but as yet haven't found a use for them, until now. And since I used my 4 year old's paints today, I might as well try the crepe paper she hasn't used for ages. Love your ideas. Xx

walchowDesign said...

I keep those cookies packaging too and have been thinking of using them and now you have given me an idea to use them, Maria! Love your card!

cm said...

Two very innovative cards, Maria! You're rockin' the W&W challenges marvelously!
Hugs~c

Shelly said...

Fabulous cards!

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply fabulous card!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I was so intrigued and amused by your post heading in Bloglovin, I had to come and check it out :) @ more gorgeous cards! I love the sequins in the first and the story in the second! hugs

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, girl!!

Hussena said...

Both your cards are just awesome !!

Shona Chambers said...

Just love the background you created, its so girly and pastel...gorgeous! And those puffy stickers are adorable. What a fantastic find at the $1 store and love that they have a french theme. I could only find children's ones and I'm working on a few designs but my cards keep looking like they are for little kids!!!

Deepti said...

Your design ideas are the coolest in this whole wide world :) I am a big fan ! Let's meet up when you come to USA :D I need some lessons from you

Loll said...

LOVE it! The softness from your tissue paper reminds me of sherbert or ice cream ... beautiful! I tried plain ol tissue paper from here and it didn't work. You have that special touch Maria :) I'm still going to order some bleeding art tissue, but in the meantime, crepe paper sounds like a good idea. I know that I end up with dye all over my fingers when I touch it :) Beautiful card Maria. Always inspiring. xx

Anita in France said...

Alors ... tu parles le francais aussi! Ta première carte ... jolie ... delicate ... miam miam! La deuxième ... les petites icônes francaises sont bien marrante ... comment peut j'y résister?! Anita :)

Cris G. said...

Gorgeous cards, Maria! LOVE the mix of textures in the first one. And LOVE your upcycled projects too, they are creative, fun and eco friendly :).
Thanks for sharing Eileen's video, I'll have to try this technique :D. A few years ago I experimented something similar with crepe paper and liquid glue, but I guess it was too much glue because colors faded a lot... in the video the trick seems to be using just a bit of water, or other liquid I guess.

Teresa Kline said...

both are awesome, great designs and techniques! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...