Monday, September 5, 2016

CASEplorations september


Yep it's CASEplorations time again, folks! And September! Time to start thinking about cooler temperatures. So how about a nice cup of coffee too? What's your favorite? I do only one Pumpkin Spice Latte a season, but totally enjoy the sweetness overload!

When I saw this gorgeous cascade of coffee cups in the Summer Coffee Lovers blog hop, I couldn't get it out of my mind. And who created it? None other than my STAMPlorations teamie, the uber-talented Ksenija Rizova of Sweet Kobylkin fame. So she's guesting for us at CASEplorations this month. You must check out her CASE of herself - more gorgeousness.

What do I love about Ksenija's card? I immediately picked up on the kraft. And the artistically watercolored mugs in those gorgeous colors. And the best part? Those tiny white enamel splatters.

Ready for some kraft, watercolored coffee cups and white texture?


Now you might be thinking this is a weird CASE. You're right. Let me explain what's happening with my mojo at present. Cuz you're gonna be seeing a lot more weird this month ;)

I DID capture the coffee and watercolor and white of Ksenija's card. But I was also influenced by the fall/winter 2016 fashion world. Mildly (spoiler alert - it's gonna get weirder). In case you haven't had your nose in Vogue (or the ASOS catalog) lately this is going on... kinda Shakespeare meets punk. Maybe I'm calling that the new trend!


Anyhoo, what I got out of my jaw-dropped-entire-time-while-perusing-catalog-cuz-I-wouldn't-wear-any-of-it experience was that anything goes. Literally. The weirder, the better. So that's gonna be my motto this month. And let me tell you, it's kinda liberating when creating!

So back to my card. I decided to mix up patterns while keeping the colors decent ;) Made some pencil lines on the lower portion of my kraft card front, masked them off and filled the areas in.


Upper left is stamped black. I used Artsy Tribal. Upper right stamped white. Lower right heat embossed black. And lower left is embossing paste through ARTplorations Just Squares stencil. Cuz apparently it's all about texture this fall/winter. Fur, velvet, plastic. You name it.

Then I stamped Coffee Cup Row onto the kraft and also onto watercolor paper. Watercolored a mug like Ksenija's and fussy cut it to adhere. A heat embossed sentiment from All You Need is Coffee finished it off.

Go weird. Go wild. Go coffee. And join us at CASEplorations this month, won't you?

I'm joining the fun at:
Simon Says Work it Wednesday - Stamping
Card Mania - Earth Tones
and with my rant about textures my timing is just right for A Blog Named Hero's challenge!


14 comments:

shirley-bee said...

I like where your mojo's going! I love how the 'white brick road' leads the eye up to the coffee cups banner. And the thing that catches my eye the most - the black embossed sentiment!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the explanation about your inspiration, fun, wild and fabulous! Loving all the shapes and the texture of the embossing x

Ashwini Rao said...

I love what you've created!! Is it weird that I didn't find anything weird in your card, and absolutely didn't need an explanation? (Btw, I am not following any fashion magazine, let alone Vogue)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Maria, the new fashion icon ;) - never imagined you in that department...great card!

~amy~ said...

NICE work...really love all the details.

Becca Cruger said...

Hahaha - I love the motto "the weirder the better". I can't wait to see what you come up with next if this creative beauty is your initial foray into "weird". I think it's great! Love the hodgepodge of patterns.

Monika Skinner said...

This is so cool, love your weird CASE. Weird is the way to go! ☺

Aileen said...

So cool, love it Maria.

Cris G. said...

Love your card with all the textures and patterns, great weird, wild and coffee take on Ksenija card!
Hmmm... I can't imagine myself wearing "Shakespunk"... definitely not my thing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome added texture on this fun card

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Great card and a great post, Maria! I really enjoyed reading it and watching details of your card. You are so inventive and the best person I know making collage and light mixed media cards. You combined different techniques and textures and still kept the card so well balanced!

Dess V said...

Adorable! I love your project - so simple and stunning with these patterns. ♥
Thanks for joining us at Card mania challenge!
Dess ^.^

Anita in France said...

Cool and texture-y, Maria ... love that pop of colour in the cup ... I'd fill it with café au lait (real coffee!!!). Wierd is good ... looking forward! Hugs, Anita :)

Suchi said...

Maria you are rocking this fashion series!!! I am in LOVE with this card!! The texture in white is simple amazing! :)
Suchi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...